2018 Family 101 Block Party
BYOG (Bring Your Own Grill) Smoked Brisket Competition
When you think of a neighborhood block party, you think of all the families on the block pulling out their BBQ Grills, children playing and all having good family friendly fun! The NBCCDC would like to bring back the neighborhood feeling in 2018. For the first time in Family 101 history, 10 spaces have been reserved for interested persons to bring their own grill and cookout neighborhood style. Ribs, Pulled Pork, Smoked Sausage, Corn on the Cob, baked beans....you name it! There is a catch! 5 of the 10 slots are reserved for the 1st ever Smoked Brisket Competition. Think you have the best flavorful brisket? Put your skills to the test and let the community judge. Your Brisket must be ready to serve by 1230p (cut and sliced. Each attendee (until there is no more brisket left) will be given a ticket to taste these 5 briskets and drop their ticket in the container of the contestant they like the most. Simple huh? Fill out the form below to enter!
Rules and Regulations
1. The decision and interpretations of the BYOG Smoked Brisket Competition are at the discretion of the NBCCDC Representative at the contest. Their decisions and interpretations are final to the extent consistent with the rules
2. No restaurant or commercial brisket can be purchased and presented.
3. We will provide the space. All other equipment (tables, chairs, tents, generators shall not exceed space bounderies and must be provided by the contestant.
4. Space must be clean and orderly. Any space left in disarray or with loose trash are grounds for disqualification and dismissal.
5. No propane tanks permitted unless used as starter. Contestant must use wood and/or charcoal.
Participants must contact the NBCCDC Offices by Wednesday, May 16, 2018 @ 913-281-1993 to reserve their space
Copyright 2018 NBC Community Development Corporation. All Rights Reserved.